celebrate handmade

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Still enjoying those fabulous strawberries, although there's only about a pint & a half left. We are NOT letting these babies rot, that's for sure.
Last night's Sisters of the Cloth was a hoot: Jane brought cupcakes with Superman rings on them for each of us. We all put them on & every now & them someone would do a fist-pump & grunt -- it was awesome! There's nothing like a bunch of grown-up women being silly. Anyone walking in would've thought it was the loony bin, & they wouldn't have been far off. It's probably good there are too many of us to meet in each others' homes, since we are so noisy & obnoxious. But we are productive. Lots & lots of sewing got done last night. I made more X's for my Garden Maze quilt. I'm going to make another template for trimming them, though. I don't think the way I've been doing it is very accurate, & I want them to look good. I'll trace around the template, then use a ruler & rotary cutter to square them up. I really do like this pattern a lot.
The local house finches are a busy lot these days. The girls are gathering up all the ripening millet heads for their nests, & the boys are zipping around supervising & trying to get a little at the same time. So cute & funny. The hawk family does seem to have returned to their next & are sitting on eggs, we think. I sure hope so! We really felt their absence last year.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I've wanted to make that Garden Maze quilt for the longest time. All these mystery quilts keep getting in the way. Anyway, I hope you don't mind, but I'm tagging you to give 7 weird or random things about yourself on your blog. Go to my site to see the rules. Tag, your it. Keep the piece.

Jay said...

Got me! I'll do what I can. . . .