Friday, April 4, 2008

The El

I'm so enjoying watching the busy return of the lizards. They zoom across the elevated highway (block wall) across the patio from my window, & occasionally cross the end wall of the house next door. Every now & then, they'll do the "lizard push-ups" which never fail to crack me up. It seems like this year's group is extra large, while last year's were pretty small. I'm not seeing a lot of dark ones, but more medium-hued than light. I find them fascinating. Once, while I was sitting here in front of the computer, a lizard stepped onto the screen on the window right in front of me, then paused so I could get a good long look at his wonderful little feet. They are so cool. I do wish Mama & Buffy weren't so determined to hunt them down & maim them. Pretty disgusting to find a legless lizard, belly-up just outside the door in the morning. yech.

1 comment:

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

Loved reading about the lizards. (Welcome to California!)